Thursday, December 15, 2005

Let the Shakes Begin!

In recent months I have been so, so careful about my food intake. Through trial and error over the last several years, I have figured out that many foods drastically affect me physically and emotionally. I’ve been ‘on guard’, especially since my brief stint of taking Glucophag last August in attempt to control my blood sugar. I do my best to control it on my own, staying away from things like soda and cake and even mayonnaise (newly added to my long list of ‘can’t haves’, which tragically means no spinach dip). But like all human beings, the Christmas season can really weaken my will power. Today I have partaken of two different treats that are major no-no’s. Funny enough, one of my ‘indulges’ was simply out of politeness. I can literally feel my muscles shutting down (not that I am buff or anything) and I am feeling lethargic. With the usual Christmas-season activities that start as early as tomorrow, I must be strong. I must dig deep so that I can resist the gingerbread man with chocolate pants and frosting eyeballs. I have to turn the other way when the chocolate-peanut butter roll calls my name. But let me tell you, I all but ran from the slices of fruit cake included on the dessert tray up in the Admin. Department here at work. Really? Fruit cake? It’s not 1950!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Wow - I didn't think we had that kind of will-power in our genes.(is that the correct spelling?) Keep up the good work!