Friday, October 10, 2008

Seeking Approval

I was flustered on Wednesday night when my family threw away their dinner and got out the PB&J.

I'm a good cook. Sometimes I go so far as to call myself a culinary genius (pronounced as Frank would say it on Father of the Bride).

But the rice didn't get quite done that night, wrecking the whole stir-fry ensemble.

Sigh.

So last night I went all out. My first clam chowder. My mom makes it all the time, but I was a chowder virgin.

I looked over plenty of internet recipes, but mostly went with my mom's (I'm sorry, I'm not interested in using fresh clams, hello, Utah), and then 'winged' it. (what's the past tense of wing?)

Like I said, I went all out, even picked up bread bowls. But with so much going on (ie David at work, Maddie at soccer practice, and parent teacher conferences) we weren't all at the table at the same time.

Bummer.

I got an IM from David while I was out - "Best soup ever".

Redeemed?

2 comments:

Tifferbob said...

I would say you are!

Tiercy said...

That is what fall is all about: soup in bread soup bowls. That is a great IM to receive.