Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Our Outing

I introduced David to Kneader's today.

I tried to warn him while still in the parking lot that he was going to be hooked.

He thought I was full of it.

Part way through my sausage croissant breakfast sandwich and his pastrami sandwich - soup combo I leaned across the table and whispered "I told you so".

We left with 2 cream puffs, 2 cannoli, and one cream cheese brownie.

We also made a stop at D.I. We're trying to score a kids blazer to complete Isaac's Halloween costume - Will Smith/Men In Black.

Ummmm. For those of you back home, accustomed to the Auburn Blvd. D.I. - the two stores are not even on the same planet. This D.I. was spotless, well organized, even the T-shirts were hung with like-colors. (David also informed me that the bathrooms were spotless.) I haven't been to the Auburn Blvd. store since it was remodeled... maybe it's now neat and tidy, too. I should mention that we picked up a bunch of shirts and pants for the kids, but no Halloween blazer.

Before heading home we stopped by one of the last-of-the-season produce stands and grabbed up a bunch of tomatoes and peaches. I'm really going to miss summer and it's wares.

PS The manager of Kneader's mentioned that there are franchise opportunities in California. I'm just saying.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Hi, I'm Jaye and I'm a kneaders-a-holic. PLEASE bring it to N. Calif.

Tiercy said...

Mmmmm...Kneaders! I love that place. I haven't been there in a long time. Now I have a new place to add to my list of places to go. = >