Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fetch Me My Cane

In my ward, I'm in the older half. By far. I might even go so far as to say that I'm in the older 25%.

A couple of weeks ago, it occured to me that I'm older than our bishop and his two counselors, our high counselor representative, the Sunday school president, the YM president, the RS president, and possibly the entire Primary presidency.

Sigh.

But I'm here to report that there is a silver lining, and that the timing couldn't be better.

I have a new visiting teacher and somehow (somehow!) she's around my mom's age. I have to say that as I'm about to deliver this puppy without my mom, sisters and girls - something I've never done before - there is something reassuring in knowing that this visiting teacher (whom I don't even know that well yet but is a grandmother and full of experience) is just down the hill (I'm serious - it's Utah - our backyards touch).

1 comment:

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I wish that I still lived there. Not that I know anything about giving birth or babies....but we are the same age so we could be old ladies together!