Tuesday, December 29, 2009

SO Over It

This morning I had a dream that I was back in high school. There were a couple of familiar faces, but not everyone was there.

I was happy to see the old 'friends', but they were NOT happy to see me, and went so far as to exclude me from many, many activities.

In the dream I was so sad, just as the real-life teenage version of me would have been all of those years ago.

When I eventually woke up, my grown-up reaction couldn't have been more opposite. Unlike some other haunting dreams, I quickly shrugged off the rejection of my former peers.

"Oh, well."

"Who needs 'em?"

Hmmmm... I wonder how different things would have been if I had developed that mentality 20 years sooner.

PS There was a lot of pink-brown influences in this dream. Even in my sleep...

1 comment:

Miss Becky said...

If I was in your dream I hope I said Hi!