Saturday, January 02, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree

Dear Friend,

Today I will be disecting you and cramming you in to multiple plastic tubs. I hope that you can find comfort in my frigid basement.

It is not appropriate, nor socially acceptable for us to continue on with our relationship at this time.

You have brought me much warmth and happiness, and your departure will leave not only a hole in my living room, but also a hole in my heart.

When we are reunited next November, a rugrat will tug on your branches. I will try to teach her her to be gentle and to love you as I have loved you.

Thank you for spending these last two months in our home. You have been a good friend.

Sincerely,

Just Jess

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Jess, you kill me! That was great. Let me know how the response to your letter goes...:)

Jaye said...

the hubs just put our christmas tree away...
wasn't that nice of him? (he is looking over my shoulder, i had to say something nice.) :p

malibustacy said...

I LOVE this post!!