Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Work Woes

This Thursday is my last day of work. While many people would be doing cartwheels, I am quite sad. I liked my job. It wasn't anything earthshaking or life-saving, but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed my co-workers and their kindness. I enjoyed the hours I worked, beginning last August I strolled in at 9:15 each morning, sometimes 9:30, after taking the kids to school.
It is a great little company, with lots of character and charm, but more importantly lots of integrity.
So yesterday I was really feeling sorry for myself upon learning that my sweet boss will be retiring this year and I will be missing out on the opportunity to fill those shoes.
Why do I care? I don't even want to have a job! I want to sit around watching Ellen and Regis & Kelly and the View and re-runs of The Creek and whatever classic movie comes my way.
But I do care. I know I was appreciated. I know that I did a good job. I know that I will be missed.
While I know the previous doesn't make me look like the most humble person in Nevada, I know I've worked hard these last 18 months.
I hope to not work for the next few months, if finances allow. But when the time comes I hope that I find a work-family as wonderful as the one I'm leaving behind in Nevada.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems, for the most part, you have had good work experiences with good people ( me being a prime example). I said for the most part, I know not all of your employment has been as happy. You have been blessed with good people all around you. I'm sure you will find the same in your move, lot's of good people, even though the ones left behind will miss you terribly.
~Jody

JP said...

It's funny that you and Becca are both at a point where you are leaving such wonderful work-families. I feel for ya...I am also blessed with wonderful co-workers.

Love ya...