Monday, May 09, 2005

Shel Silverstein Doesn't Live Here

Have You Ever Wondered
where the sidewalk ends? For those of you who loved Jimmy Jet and His TV Set, it ends right in front of my house. Not gradually, but suddenly and into a hole. I expect it will stay like that until they finish building the house next door. if there was a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow? There’s not. Several years ago I was driving while I observed a big, beautiful rainbow. I was soon close enough to see the end, and I have to tell you there was no pot of gold. The end of the rainbow was gently embracing a former Air Force Base.
Is it Weird That
the voice in my head has started speaking with accents? Some times it's British. Sometimes it's Brooklyn.
Have I Ever Told You
about the time I went swimming in the quarry with Jody, JaimeeLameyHairyMimiH., & David C.? That was one of my most disgusting life experiences. David C. didn’t mind, he kept climbing higher and higher, seeking out the most dangerous thing to dive from. about the time I convinced my then 5 & 7 year old brothers that men grow a third arm out the middle of their backs that has to be surgically removed? that I have never been to Disneyland without Rebecca?
about the time six sheriff cars surrounded my truck, over flowing with classmates, my senior year because we were driving around egging each other?

2 comments:

JP said...

LOL

I don't even know where to begin...except for that you may want to keep the voice in your head to yourself. ;)

Jaye said...

is it weird that the voices in my head are indian? - (with the dot, not the feather)
just kid-n-!
I do remember the arm thing.