Wednesday, May 25, 2005

May the Force Be With You

Our family has had a love affair with the Star Wars phenomenon since its beginning in the late 70s. I can remember seeing Star Wars when I was about 4 at a drive in in Mt. Shasta, CA. Our adoration continued through the years, my favorite will always be Return of the Jedi.
So upon the release of the 6th and final movie this week, we've done it all. We've collected just about all that Burger King has to offer in the form action figures (didn't win the $1,000,000 though). And Isaac's birthday played right into the frenzy, most of his gifts centered around Star Wars, including the Millennium Falcon and Darth Vader voice changer. It's been exceptionally fun for me, because being the sissy-la-la girl that I was, I never had a Luke action figure or Lando or any of the ships, so maybe I went a little overboard. But it's been a blast. Lightsaber count: 3.
The kids and David went to see Revenge of the Sith on Saturday, and any fears I had about the movie being too scary for the kids subsided, and they excitedly talked about all the important parts, leaking too much information to mom.
So last night my Isaac paid me the ultimate compliment that I shall treasure forever. As we cuddled before bedtime he sweetly told me that he loved me "more than Star Wars". A boy never said kinder words to his momma.

3 comments:

Jaye said...

could he be any sweeter?

Suzie Petunia said...

Yesterday my daughter told me she loves me more than Lily loves her tail. Lily is her toy dog!

JP said...

i love that kid...