Friday, September 16, 2005

T.G.I.F.O.: Thank Goodness it's Finally Over

Has anyone else out there had a long week?
This week has been long for me.
On Monday and Tuesday we had our big once-a-year meeting that our customers fly in for. It's a pretty big deal, as a matter of fact: planning has already begun for next year.
This big Customer Thing kept me at work late Monday night, and then decorating all day Tuesday for the big 'Luau' (as much of a luau as you can do in Montana). I should mention that much, much alcohol was consumed (mostly by our own employees). Monday night I wandered around to all three of the bars set up in our office in search of something alcohol-free. Finally, bartender number three had a Pepsi.
The week continued with a couple of soccer practices, open house at school (complete with the Book Fair that always robs us blind), and wouldn't you know: Friday finally arrived. As an added bonus for surviving, I got my bangs to do the swoop-y thing AND I took the afternoon off (finally getting MT plates for my car).
One might think that a girl like me would make the most of having such a precious afternoon free. Catching up on house work, errands, etc. I did and I will. But better than that: I slept. And with it not even 4:30 yet, I've still got time to do the other crap.
PS Why does it bother me that Maddie just ran in here and got her $4 to buy the other kids treats from the ice cream man? I should be proud, but something rotten in me wanted to tell the other kids to get their own.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Rrrrrrrrrrrr - I really don't like the popup add. MT plates? That and the cell phone # change is really making this move permenate. (i don't think that is how you spell that.)

JP said...

finally catching up on all my blog reading...FINALLY. and also...that anonymous. So smart, ain't they?

Also...the way Jaye spelled "permenate" reminds me how Grams J & K say it when they're talking about heading to the beauty parlor. :) LOL