Thursday, February 02, 2006

How Was Your Week?

Let’s kick things off with “Am I the Last to Know?” This question is more than 20 years over due, but am I the last to know that Van Halen’s song ‘Jump’ is a remake of a Paul Anka song? I just (just) got clued in (due to Sirius Satellite radio). Moving on to “I am Pathetic” The show is long over, re-runs are running rampant all over cable, but any old episode of F*R*I*E*N*D*S still holds some mysterious power over me. Tonight I caught the last 5 minutes of the episode with Rachel’s pregnancy test in the bathroom at Monica’s reception, and I am so pathetic that I cried. Not just a little welling up in the eyes, but big, pathetic, crocodile tears. Next is the “Warning” I am warning you now, 2 ½ months in advance, that the wrapping up of Will and Grace will be nearly as painful for me as the whole F*R*I*E*N*D*S dumping me drama. Don’t try to make plans with me on a Thursday night, don’t call, don’t expect much out of me. PS I love the whole Taye Diggs joining the show idea. Well done. Finally, my “Real World” Last year a doctor told me that the lump in Isaac’s lower abdomen was not a hernia. On Tuesday, after picking David up from the airport but before picking up my car from the mechanic (where the warranty company totally bailed on me, leaving me to pick up the $170 tab) I missed more work (after missing Monday and Tuesday because Maddie was home puking) to meet with the surgeon to schedule Isaac for surgery on February 21 to repair his hernia. It put a lot of my fears to rest, like “is it a tumor?” or “will he be able to pro-create?”, but awoke his fear of an operation. For the next couple of weeks I will try to convince our sweet boy that him having not one, but two abscessed teeth pulled was far worse than a hernia operation. This will be a piece of cake. And then I’ll convince him that being home with mom for a week will be fabulous. Then comes the fun of “restricting his activity” as instructed by the surgeon. It’s been quite the week. All together now: “T*G*I*F”. I didn’t even get to the whole “Stephanie from Full House on Meth” or the “Locklear – Sambora divorce”. What a week!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Don't tell anyone, but that episode of Friends made me cry too.

Anonymous said...

Is it okay that I'm sad about the Richie/Heather and Lance/Sheryl breakups? (I'm the last to know about those...and the drug problem, too...)

(sigh)