Thursday, February 09, 2006

Not Exactly a Band Aid

It's strange what can sometimes have a healing effect on us.
JP has recently experienced some long over-due healing that in a round about way was courtesy of the stars (in the sky, not celebrities).
I didn't realize that I was in need of healing. Why should I be with all that's going on?
David has been gone a lot lately, even more than usual.
My car is still sick, and the mechanic doesn't know what's wrong. Decision: do I get a new one? Car, not mechanic.
I've missed a lot of work because of sick kids.
I'm about to miss a lot more work because of Isaac's surgery.
Isaac's surgery.
The housework is a little overwhelming. Borderline out of control.
Our warm(40s) temperatures turned cold today and even brought (much needed) snow.
And the list goes on.
Okay, so maybe I needed a little healing. Hello, I didn't even touch on the fact that I'm 1,200 miles away from home.
So tonight when when we got home from work, school and daycare (we being me, Maddie and Isaac), a very cute, medium-sized brown bunny was visiting our front yard. As a matter of fact, he almost blended in with the (dead-winter) grass. Yes, he was wild. Reminder: I do live in Montana.
Though we did startle him, he wasn't in a huge hurry to leave, and even let Maddie get within just a couple of feet of him. This sweet little bunny brought some warmth to my heart, and if I really stretch, maybe a little healing. This unexpected friend made us all smile and almost forget the exhaustion of the day.
Now I'm five minutes into my next bit of healing: Will & Grace. Gotta catch up...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I need to send a piece of home your way again...would that help?