Sunday, February 12, 2006

Not Must 'See', Must 'Have' TV?

It seems that the networks like to rip my Thursday night carpet right out from under me.
This season they're totally ganging up on me with the farewell of Will & Grace and now rumors about Lorelai & Rory's departure.
Maybe I haven't earned my strong opinions about this beloved show. My deep love and interest is less than a year old. But how could I be dedicated when it was up against F*R*I*E*N*D*S? Let me assure you that after committing the whole summer to catching up on re-runs, these are very much MY Gilmore Girls.
I am less than thrilled with the mother-daughter dispute than went on three episodes too long, and I am quite annoyed with this Rory-replica imposter that's supposed to be Luke's daughter. Maybe the writers of Gilmore Girls spent too much of their summer watching Days of Our Lives.
Let's help the writers out:
1.) OBVIOUSLY more Rory/ Lorelai banter (isn't that a given?).
2.) More quirky Sukie (& family) and other familiar friends.
3.) The other obvious (and crowd pleasing) plot is for Lorelai to discover that Luke's daughter disaster is just a scam and let's have her quickly disappear.
Isn't planning a wedding enough drama to mix in with the single mother/college daughter/rich & manipulative parents/chip-on-the-shoulder boyfriend/hotel owner chaos?
Come on boys (and by boys I mean writers). Get your head in the (Gilmore) game!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Well said! I agree with everything! I love the GGs!