Sunday, October 22, 2006

All in a Not So Summer's Day

I don't know about you, but I am just NOT ready for winter. So not looking forward to the cold. I'd rather wear summer clothes year round. So enjoying fall is taking a little bit of effort. My decorations are out...little Halloween characters are perched on the piano and are hanging on the wall. Everyone in Utah is also trying to also enjoy fall, as we found them ALL at Thansgiving Point yesterday. Fortunately it wasn't too crowded to have fun at the petting zoo.

This pose of Sir Isaac's was not staged. He refused to "get dirty" by touching any of the animals and the whole place was too stinky for him. At one point I threatened that we weren't leaving until he did pet an animal.

If it hadn't been for the man and his daughters giving away kittens in the parking lot, Isaac wouldn't have touched anything. Yes, the kittens were precious, Maddie begged, Maddie pleaded and Maddie cried. But we didn't come home with a kitten.

Cabella's (David's house of worship) is right across the freeway from Thanksgiving Point so how could we not go?! Ugh.

As if someone was trying to hit me from all sides, just after I used all my strength and common sense to refuse the kitten, there...in the parking lot of Cabella's...as cute as could be...Yellow Lab puppies.

I'm normally very logical about the whole puppy refusal, especially after the whole Benny the Psycho Dog episode, but these boys were so cute.

Maddie picked one up and when I reached out to pet it, he reached out and wrapped his paws around my arm. She handed him off to me and like magic he melted into me and wrapped his paws around my neck. He loved me.

He had the brightest, greenest eyes. David asked if he should run to the ATM for the $200 puppy fee. Maddie asked "mom, are you sure you don't have ANY hundreds on you?!"

Fabulous that she would think I EVER do.

Alas, we came home without a kitten OR a puppy. Though this morning I'm wishing I had caved on the kitten. I miss having a cat.

Happy Autumn. Enjoy the stupid fallig leaves. We're forecasted to have snow these week. I'll be curled up with a mug of something hot.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

The Hubby has already been telling The Creature "Tell Mommy YOU want a puppy. Tell Mommy you want a German Sheppard"........ Did I spell that correctly?