Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Warmth to Hold On To

When loved ones die, especially if it’s unexpected, many of us heavily rely on the blessing of memories and stories that we’re left with. Recently I learned a story about my Uncle Karl, who’s been gone nearly 17 years. It’s strange…I guess I figured I’d heard it all. After the accident, Karl’s bishop had asked some of his friends and ward members to write letters to the family, which is where this story comes from. Sometime before Karl died, he had dropped out of BYU, giving him more free time than his roommates. One roommate wrote that he was very stressed with school and was overwhelmed with a paper that he needed to research, but couldn’t find the time to get to the library to do so.
This guy came home from a long day at school to find all the books he would need to write his paper. Karl had gone to the library and brought them all home for him.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

that's cool. are there more like that?