Sunday, September 28, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

I'm having a party on Friday night. I hope you'll be there.

I am really looking forward to feeding my friends, and CANNOT decide on a menu. At this point, I am picturing myself, the day of, wheeling my shopping cart up and down the aisles, and whatever jumps in the basket gets to go home with me.

The theme is 'Pamper Yourself', as I am hosting the party for Sarah and her new business/hobby, and wanted the food to be (somewhat) indulgent.

I am open to suggestions, and so far the list of possibilities are: lettuce wraps, nachos, chicken chili with cornbread, enchiladas (both green and red), or now I'm leaning towards lasagna (mom's recipe, of course).

I'm not as worried about the dessert, though there was a time where that would have been my main focus. I think I'll just do brownies, but I sort of would like to incorporate autumn, maybe apple or pumpkin something. Probably just brownies, though.

I wonder if I will stick to lasagna. I forgot to mention that I was also considering doing some breakfast-type stuff, because let's face it, that asparagus stuff at our Heifer brunch was to die for.

Whatever I settle on will be yummy.

So come hungry!

1 comment:

Tiercy said...

Seriously...decisions. There is so much going on that night it seems. But, here I am, tacky I know, RSVPing on your blog. I will be there because of all the things going on that night, I want to pamper myself.