Saturday, June 06, 2009

These Dreams Go On When I Close My Eyes

Oh, the weirdness this pregnancy brings to my already bizarre dreams.

I'm afraid that I am going to have to post about it so that I can process and move on. And if nothing else, maybe this silly post will give my friend, Chelsea, a chuckle and a little break from boredom as she sits (post-op) in the hospital.

Last night I dreamt that (sigh) my mom (bigger sigh) had a baby.

AND it was NO BIG DEAL to her or my dad.

In fact, she was able to deliver this baby at home without a C-section or an epidural.

This baby was a boy, and by day-2 he could walk. What are we, horses?

I was trying to contact Meredith Vierra to see if 34 years was the biggest span between a mother's oldest and youngest children. (really, it would have been Anne Curry or Natalie Morales)

Naming the baby was a big challenge. Mom wanted to name the baby Legend, and we'd call him Ledge for short - which of all of the suggestions, I was most on board with. I must have thought it was some sort of tribute do our dearly departed Heath.

My dad, on the other hand, who is not a Sylvester Stallone fan at all, wanted to name the baby (gasp!) Rambo.

6 comments:

Jaye said...

I like Ledge

... but it doesn't start with a J

hee hee hee

The Coolest Allen Family said...

If you have a boy you must name him Ledge! It was an omen. If you don't than you will be cursed for eternity.

Tiercy said...

I say you're having a girl, and she's going to come out awful mad that you wanted to name her Ledge.\ = )

Ha. my word verification is dewiner as in "the winner". so i am right.

Anonymous said...

Haha, Oh Jess, this post just made my boredom go away!

Your going to have some more dreams though, my mom said she did when she was preggers with me haha!

Anonymous said...

I always had crazy dreams with all my pregnancies. I vote for Rambo, regardless of the baby's sex.

Jody

JP said...

Ahhh...Rambo. That's just good stuff right there.