Thursday, June 02, 2005

Call Me Co-Dependant

It's a very strange time of my life. I hate that I am 1,000 miles from home. I hate that I'm away from my family. I miss all of our girls-nights-out. This list is miles long and depressing, and not the point I'm trying to make.
As hard as it is to be away from 'my life', I've really tried to create one here. But the more I do here, the further away I feel. I want to share everything we've seen and done here with my family back home. We've seen wonderful things, even been to National Parks (plural). While I feel so thankful to be able to do these things, and appreciate that David and I are able to give our kids these opportunities, I wish my parents and siblings could join us.
I wish they could see the antelope walking through our neighborhood.
I can't take them back for my first time at Mt. Rushmore, but I'll be there for theirs.
They won't believe that I saw a billboard for "The Testicle Festival" in western Montana.
I'll never be able to fully explain the lightning/hail/flash flood storm we got caught in yesterday at Bighorn Canyon.
My family used to be part of my every day life. There are so many things (bad & good) that are now part of my every day life. I wish geography would allow me to have both.
PS How Senior Citizen am I? We now carry the card that allows us to enter all of National Parks in the US for free. Not to worry, I'm still 30.

1 comment:

JP said...

Not sure when you will read this...but I just can't even begin to tell you how excited I am that you are already hundreds of miles closer to us. CANNOT wait to see you tomorrow night!!!!

And Testicle Festival? What the hell??