Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It's Good to be Home

In a few short days, I will have to head east, back to Montana, back to reality. The time has come to scramble, to get everything done on my California To Do List.
In the short time I had to grow homesick in MT, I day-dreamed about visiting my favorite establishments not present in my new town...
1.) Chevy's (done, just today).
2.) Round Table.
3.) Mervyn's.
4.) Macy's.
5.) A real mall (I've made it to Arden, but not the Galleria).
6.) A real Old Navy (yes my town has one, but it's half the normal size).
But I'm surprised at the stuff that wasn't on my list that I'm enjoying the most, and thankful I'm here to do it.
1.) Fixing dinners side by side with my mom.
2.) Driving my brother here and there.
3.) Spending time with my sisters (which topped all lists).
4.) Attending Paige's championship softball game.
5.) Lounging by the pool with Jody & Beck and having our boys back together.
While I miss my husband greatly, I wish I could say that I was looking forward to going home. Let's face it folks, I am home.

2 comments:

JP said...

i'm officially tearing up...

jerk.

Jaye said...

Truth be told... I wanted to meet you at the California border with crab and shrimp enchiladas from Chevy’s because I knew you missed it SO much.
(I am in denial about the going back to hell, I mean MT)