Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My TV Heart is Full Again

I have a new love.
Many of you are aware of my obsession with the beloved F*R*I*E*N*D*S that left me empty and abandoned after the finale last season. And I'm sure that I've already complained to you that it came at a horrible time, I had moved away from my friends and family and then turned 30. All without my F*R*I*E*N*D*S.
I hadn't grabbed hold of anything since, though Will & Grace have helped me along. But thanks to ABC Family Channel re-runs, I have discovered something so wonderful, I'm just plain giddy. Gilmore Girls is an hour of heaven that I hadn't watched sooner because it had been in the Thursday-8pm timeslot, obviously a time that my TV was fixed at NBC. But now my TV-watching-calendar and my heart have room for 60 minutes of sheer entertainment.
As I catch up on past seasons, I try to balance the new episodes, and even watched the season finale just a couple of weeks ago. The fast-paced humor mixed with a hint of drama keeps me absolutely absorbed. I already have a few favorite lines from their genius dialog:
"For people who spend $40 at the Clinique counter, how do we not have any tote bags?"
"I never knew so many foods came on a stick!"
I had never been so impressed as yesterday when they used my phrase of 15 years "Freak-of-nature".
This show truly is genius, I hope it's around for a long time.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I DO feel smarter when I watch Gilmore Girls. (I am watching re-runs right now) It's totally normal that my 9 month old gets excited when he hears the intro music... right?