Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm Not Dead

But with such a long absence, where do I begin?
We are settling into our new home, but really, how settled can you be without couches in the family room or the living room. 10 minutes ago I was laying on the floor, using the bottom step to rest my head on. Someday we'll have couches. Now I sound like the Wells Fargo commercial.
I'm pretty sure that I haven't turned into a Utah Mormon yet, but stay tuned.
Monday I tagged along with my aunt to Logan to drop of my freshman cousin. Ohh, to be young and living in dorms. I'm so old that I am beyond any regret of not living the college existence, but spent the day thinking about taking my own Maddie to college. Highlight: when the dorky-looking guy asked if I was a freshman. "No, but you just boosted my self esteem!"
My kids started school today. It's a brand-spaking-new elementary located OVER 5 miles from our home. Chalk it up to crappy boundaries in the new but growing community. No, no we can't go to the school that's just a stone's throw away.
I know I'm babbling. Too much going on in my brain. I'll bore you more later.

No comments: