Monday, August 28, 2006

I've Lost the Mother-of-the-Year Award

Of course, I'm not sure that I was ever in the running.
Knowing that I had an important errand to run today (to drop off a job application), and being the control freak that I am, I started calculating today's agenda last night. After taking the kids to school, I would spend the morning searching for jobs online, then I would leave just in time to scoop up my aunt Sandy when she was done teaching kindergarten, turn in the golden ticket application, have a quick bite to eat, and get to the kids' school just in time to take them home.
It worked out well. I even squeezed in a quick trip to Wal-Mart. In fact, I had done so well with my time, that I stopped for a carwash.
I was happily chatting with my mom as I pulled in to the school when the ton of bricks landed all over me. Today was early day. My kids get out an hour early every Monday and had been waiting for me for more than half an hour.
OH the guilt, the horror. And were they angy! They even tried to milk it for a trip to the drive-thru. No such luck. Yes I feel bad, maybe even really, really bad. But I'm not about to let them hold it over me.
Feel free to give me a reminder call next Monday. Darn these early-out days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes...reminds me of the time I just plain FORGOT to pick Paige up from pre-school. The phone call I got: "Hi Mrs. C? who's picking Paige up today?"

Yeah, yeah yeah....