Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Punked in the Drive-Thru

We are thrilled to live in the land of Sonics. Not the basketball team, the drive-thru. I have yet to try the Orange-Cream Slushy, but aspire to do so in the very near future.
I've been to Sonic 3 times this week. Yes, 3 times. Once after taking the kids to the county fair with the drunken carnies last Friday; the second trip to Sonic was Saturday when the kids and I were out shopping; and the third visit was this morning with David after we delivered the kids to their first day of school.
ALL three times our order was screwed up. When I pointed this out to David he said "so what, their food is good". I hesitated just for a second and then silently agreed before taking my next bite of my yummy sausage breakfast burrito.
The closest drive-thru to me is the Artic Circle about 3 miles from here. I have seen their commercials, but the hamburgers looked so pathetic I had no interest. Not even their "We Have the Best Halibut Sandwiches" sign lured me in. Gross. Today geography worked in their favor. Needing an "I survived the first day of school treat", we tried their shakes. They have won my approval based on one menu item alone: the Andes Mint Shake. Geniuses.
PS Did you notice that line about me having to drive 3 miles for fast food?! We are way out here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carl loves the shakes at Artic Circle. My favorite is at Sonic the Diet Coke add cherry add lime is to die for. One of the very few things I miss about Utah.