Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey!

Our condolences this Labor Day to the Irwin Family.
Ours has been a fan of the Crocodile Hunter for a long time.
One of the disadvantages of living in a different time zone from most of my friends and family combined with me being an oft early riser is that when news breaks first thing in the morning I have no one to discuss it with. Consider yourself lucky that you didn't get a phone call from me at 4:30am.
Later in the morning, as each of my two kids woke up and I explained the tragic accident, they wondered what a stingray was, and how it could have killed this animal-loving icon. Sadly, the only example of a stringray I could think of was the beloved Mr. Ray in Finding Nemo.
So very sad that our TV friend Steve lost the battle to Nemo's normally docile school teacher.

No comments: