Thursday, August 23, 2007

Back to School, Part 2

I'm really trying to give you the RD Condensed version...
I answer to many people at work. Heck, I answer to many people when I'm not at work.
But at work I (ultimately) have two bosses. Lisa represents the program that funds my teaching, and John is one of the assistant principals. Both are wonderful.
After a very overwhelming 1st day, and a close-to overwhelming 2nd day, both bosses are working on getting my class to a normal size. It's very difficult to take the road of squeaky wheel. I want help and attention to the situation, but of course I don't want to seem wimpy, incapable and whiny.
Problem is that most of the other classes in the school are also jam-packed, and the school counselors are just dumping these extras in to my classes.
Some of these kids are angels, some full of personality, some charming, but some are down right obnoxious and I wouldn't mind if they never came back.
Tomorrow I get to make a phone call home to a parent in hopes that they will have a conversation with their daughter about what is appropriate to talk about in class. I opted to not hold this conversation while I was upset with daughter today. Let's hope that I can cool off enough between now and then.
Tomorrow is my day in special ed. Will it be easier? In some ways. Was yesterday in special ed easier? In some ways.
Either way, it's Friday. A much needed Friday.

1 comment:

JP said...

It has been a HARD WEEK for some of us. Can you meet us at Baskin Robbins? :(