Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Simple Life?

There are many things about this crazy state of Utah that I love. It's a funny, funny place.
I've mentioned some of these fun things before, like watching high school students carry scriptures around campus, or being able to find LDS literature in Wal*Mart. Even after a year (one year this week) I am still fascinated.
Tonight I walked Maddie down the street to a sleep over at nearly 10:00. Walk, not drive, because we're all right here in our cozy little subdivision that shares the same name as our ward.
I visited with the hosting mom for a few minutes, and then headed home alone, stopping to visit more, this time with the R.S. president and her counselor holding a little meeting in a parked car. We chatted as if we were old friends and also as if it wasn't unusual to meet each other on the street at 10pm.
I love this funny little lifestyle. Sure people drop in when the house might not be 100% presentable, but who cares if they see the toy guns and toy knives lying around the living room. All the neighborhood kids know that the cache is in my piano bench. A couple of them all but walk in and help themselves.
It's fun, more so than I expected.
(slight change of gears) I excused myself from my late night chat with my R.S. sisters because I dare not miss the Barry Bonds homerun. Alas, I did miss it. But thanks to the DVR gods, David was able to back it up and show me the much anticipated, highly scruntinized, controversial event: Homerun #756. I hope you and yours were able to enjoy it as well.

No comments: