Thursday, September 13, 2007

Timing Is Everything

It truly is.
I always hope that I'll bump into a friend. Not just someone from the ward, though that's usually fun, but a long lost soul, someone I haven't seen in forever.
However, I've stacked the deck against myself living all the way out here.
It almost didn't happen.
If my plans didn't change in the middle of the grocery store, that phone call causing me stop and walk out empty handed...
And if she hadn't smiled and stopped me in the parking lot, I would have kept on walking, not noticing this cute, pregnant, familiar person.
Girls, it was Julie Powell! Granted, she was my sisters' friend, but I'll take whatever long lost friend I can get!
Even better, she lives a mile away. IN MY STAKE! Which, you know, says a lot in Utah.
She's lived out here for 2 years, has a girl and a boy and another boy on the way. She's beautiful and sweet and a exudes warmth and kindness.
I really can't get over the timing of it all and how close we live to each other.
We exchanged phone numbers, and hopefully we'll bump in to each other again soon.

1 comment:

JP said...

oh!!! I love this story. I also love Julie. What a nice thing...