Friday, February 15, 2008

Home Again

Monday is a holiday.
I stayed home yesterday after The Storm.
Throw in Maddie with a fever today, and I'm home for a nice, long break. 5 days, to be exact.
The storm, or blizzard as it's been officially called, hit us hard here in E.M. People were stuck in their cars for 5+ hours, as well as kids on school busses (in the dark, no food, no bathrooms). Rumor has it a baby was born in somewhere out there. One child had to spend the night with stranded faculty at our elementary school, 160 at another. It really is a miracle that Maddie and Isaac made it home Wednesday night.
The official report was that we got 11 inches of snow, but it combined with the wind (70 mph gusts) to paralyze our fast-growing community, giving us a lot of attention. There is only one road in to E.M. and the new and improved transportation plan is many years down the road. Ugh!
I'm not sure what Maddie is sick with. Fever, stomach ache, and sore throat. There is a big virus going through the ward/neighborhood. Is it our turn? Sigh. I've got a big pot of chicken noodle soup on the stove. Maybe the two of us can chase this bug off. She'll be devastated if she misses Savannah's hair/nails/make up/movie birthday party tomorrow.
I'm very much ready for spring, especially because I know that back home spring is just weeks, maybe even days away. I love spring. I love blossoms. But when looking out the window all I see is snow, snow and more snow.

1 comment:

JP said...

We always tease about the weather, but OH MY, I have guilt about this.

I'm so sorry. Stay safe, my friend.