Friday, July 15, 2005

Are We Over the Rainbow?

With Sunday being our first day back in Montana after a 5 week absence, and my first day facing reality, we were already smacked with the extreme weather that MT has to offer.
The sky grew dark, and just as the horrendous sound of the Emergency Alert System sent typed warnings across the TV screen, it's predicted thunderstorm hit. It was big and delivered a lot of rain, enough so that it washed all the dirt in the street produced by construction down to the bottom of the hill we reside on, into a 6-inch-deep muddy mess for us to manuever our cars through for the next couple of days. With candles lit and the kids a bit frightened, the thunder was fierce.
The storm passed quickly, and concluded with a double rainbow in the eastern sky, and bright sunshine in the west.

Since then the weather has approached the other extreme. On Wednesday, we hit 106 degrees, a record for this part of MT. JP told me that it's my fault. I brought the heat with me to my new state. It was miserable, and I hope to not ever experience again. I can handle those kinds of temps in Sacramento, but not out here, it just doesn't seem natural.

PS I am loving all the daylight MT has to offer, being so far north...it doesn't get dark until 10pm (maybe slightly earlier). Though this does result in me staying up too late.

No comments: