Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Thank Goodness for Satellite Radio!

I love finding these little vices that save me from this life of boredom here in MT. I tend to surf the channels on the FM (sometimes even the AM) while I drive. I am very anti-country music, but I love lots of other types of music, especially oldies (ie Beattles). So far the few stations I have found aren't cutting it for me. I think that I must be the black sheep in this great big state of country listeners.
While I remain unsatisfied in the car, I am thoroughly enjoying the music stations that accompany our movie channels at home. Way up in the 900s I find all the different types of music, catergorized for my convenience. I can bounce around from alternative, 90s, 80s, oldies, even showtunes if my heart desired (not so much). In the last couple of hours my ears have been touched by R.E.M., Heart, Janet Jackson, New Edition, Stevie Wonder, and currently Def Leppard. Yesterday I just about did cartwheels when I came upon a Duran Duran song. I love this. If nothing else, it's been a great trip down memory lane.
Sidenote: Much to my chagrin, my husband listens to country music (thankfully not exclusively) and even has a couple of 'their' CDs. My six-year-old, Isaac, was listening to one of Dad's country CD's in his diskman. He says "hey, these guys are pretty good. They should be on the radio". If only he new that his mom has been sheltering him from this music, and that 'these guys' have been on the radio for years. My poor son has been corrupted. He's been turned to the dark side. It's time to get him the heck out of MT before the damage is irreversible.

No comments: