Sunday, April 22, 2007

Back to the Daily Grind

I moaned and groaned about not having anything to do or any place to go during my time off this week. And I didn't. Do anything. I didn't leave the house yesterday. Or today, with the exception of stake conference.
It felt good. I've done some scrapbooking. I've watched a lot of TV/movies. I've played some Disney Scene It with the kids (I pretty much had to force them). I've napped. I helped Maddie pick out fabric for her school project and then watched her and Kaelyn cut out the future quilt. I made more granola (but the first batch was better). I put together a black & white picture collage for Sarah and Jimmy of their kids. I did a little house work, but you know it's never enough.
And I've relaxed. I'm pretty sure I could relax some more. I am so good at being lazy. This really has me looking forward to the summer, when I will have even more time off. Of course, by writing this I've totally jinxed myself. I just committed myself to a fast-paced, busy summer. Mark my words.
But as I return to work tomorrow, am I refreshed? Am I full of energy? Am I ever? But I guess I'm ready to go back.
But totally counting down to May 31.
PS Allow me to pat myself on the back for not only letting David golf for nearly six hours yesterday, but for also making the T-time reservation.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

You should have come home... AND HELPED YOUR SISTER PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!