Friday, October 05, 2007

But A Paper Umbrella In It and Call It Shampoo

The week we don't want to review? And yet I am...?
Monday: As previously mentioned, I got the official mono diagnosis and scheduled a CT Scan for persistent abdominal pain that started back in April. This pain was never really a bladder infection as diagnosed and treated for FOUR times.
Tuesday: Onset of horrendous nausea and cramping that lasted until, well, today. Picked up the stuff.
Wednesday: Consumed the stuff. The stuff is one of the things that lights up the internal organs for the CT scan. When I picked it up, the ladies in radiology told me that it was like a chalky pina colada. No. Keep in mind I was already in pain and nauseated. Before drinking it. The stuff was like swallowing pina colada scented Pantene. I choked it down while watching Private Practice and with David cheering me on.
Thursday: CT Scan. A very strange experience. The provided documentation on what's going to happen is absolutely accurate, but somehow I was still startled. The warm sensation when the iodine enters your body through the catheter in your arm, the metallic taste and then the feeling like you need to pee. Except that it felt like I was actually peeing. In my pants. But I wasn't. The pictures of my abdomen and pelvic region was quick and painless. Mostly.
Friday: I guess I should be pleased with the results: everything good, but I did have an ovarian cyst that ruptured. Very common in women. Good results. But it doesn't quite explain everything, the nausea and bloating. Whatever. I guess I need to move on.
But just in case there's any question about how crappy this week was, this afternoon I spent time on the phone with both the DMV and tech support, therefore cementing me spending the next 48 hours in bed.
Don't make me play the mono card.

No comments: