Friday, December 17, 2004

Cursed Cookies

Last night (during the Kings' demise) I set out to make Peanut Butter cookies. A re-occurring event during this season of Christmas parties. These cookies were intended for young 5 & unders, so they were thoughtfully decorated with oversized-Shrek-colored M&M's. My husband was taking his time with the oven: broiling hot dogs. I hurried him along, then shoved my pan in the oven, forgetting to switch from broil to BAKE. Of course it went unnoticed for 10 minutes, by then the tops of these tokens of love were black. Into the garbage. The rest of the cookies turned out beautifully. Presentation is important to me. Let's face it: they were bakery quality. As we pulled into the parking spot to deliver said cookies, guess what went flying off of the front seat of my car and all over the floor (where they remain at this hour).

1 comment:

JP said...

At least it wasn't clam chowder...I'm just saying.