Thursday, December 16, 2004

I wish that I was a good public speaker. In my imagination I am funny, well poised, funny, well spoken, and funny. But not in real life. My inner-thesaurus shuts down when I'm speaking to more than 3 people. Tomorrow at our company Christmas luncheon, I have the opportunity to present our wonderful & dedicated bosses with their gifts from the rest of us. It will be held at a beautiful country club with an incredible view of the Sierras. Lunch will be elegant, starting off with a brie-baked-in-pastry-topped-with-caramel-sauce appetizer and continue for two hours, wrapping up with a "Grand Finale of Desserts". Will I be able to stand and be eloquent with my gift presentation? No! I'll fit in to this luncheon as well as a jello-carrot salad.

1 comment:

JP said...

Sweetie, you will do just FINE!!! Its funny, I was a better public speaker/performer of sorts when I was younger. I have no idea why I get SO nervous now.

BUT...just keep in mind what you want to say...keep it short, sweet and to the point. Never fails.

Love ya!