Friday, December 31, 2004

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

You know that they say: "you can take the girl out of California, but you can't take the California out of the girl". It truly applies.
Often as I trudge through the snow here in the Eastern Sierras I am amazed that I live in this unpredictable climate that sometimes has me waking up to sparkly white powder everywhere. But my next thought is always: how did I survive the first ## years of my life without this glamorous gift from mother nature, even though it can thoroughly disrupt our routine.
For example: with blizzard all around us, an official "severe winter storm warning" in affect, we went to bed last night with no snow. When we woke up today, on this New Year's Eve, we were completely burried in fluffy white snow.
Getting back to my California roots: while the kids were out enjoying mother nature's gift, I searched for a shovel to clear the snow from the walkways. No luck with the shovel. I'm sure the neighbor (who did find his shovel) thought I was real intelligent when he saw me raking the snow off of the sidewalks.

1 comment:

JP said...

You are retarded. You could've at least tried my nephew first...he might've done a better job than the rake. I'm just saying.