Monday, December 27, 2004

I can't tear myself away from these stories coming out of Asia as a result of the tsunamis. I keep going back to more pictures, more stories of parents going through what must be the most unbearable, most unimaginable life experience. I was just as obsessed after that horrendous hostage situation in Russia not long ago, when so many children died at a school in a small village. The mourning parents shoving candy and treats into the fresh dirt where their sweet babies were recently buried will forever be burned into my mind. I feel helpless as I imagine trying to cope. How I wish that I had the resources to drop everything to run off to this distant continent to comfort and to help dig out. My sweet babies are visiting their grandparents, just 150 miles away. How selfish I am to want them back home so badly.

1 comment:

JP said...

this is the LAST time I read your blog when I'm even the slightest bit emotional. Jerk.