Monday, February 07, 2005

I am Worthless

In the theme of be-everywhere, do everything...
This weekend was a fiasco. A FIASCO!
1.) I stood up my in-laws. I don't just mean hubbie's parents, but also his siblings, their spouses, nieces and nephews...a housefull. On Friday they all gathered together for one of the last hoorahs before our move to the "midwest" (I'll continue to nickname, I'm working through this). Trying to juggle my family and the inlaws, I stood them up. By the time I arrived, they were heading home. Gosh!
2.) Then, on the day of not just a big family dinner, but also the big Eagle-Court-of-Honor I was no help to mom. She never complained, even made the brownies that I was supposed to. When things were in disarray (to put it mildly), I knew that it was mostly because I couldn't get-it-together enough to organize and offer support to mom's busy day. The woman was on her feet for many hours, yet I couldn't even muster up the thought process to cut and serve cakes and brownies.
My brain is overloaded, therefore, turning to mush. Mush I tell you. Over and over again this weekend, I found myself in the middle of conversation stopping mid-sentence. The words would not come. My inner thesaurus froze. My mouth refused to engage with my thoughts.
In effort to resolve this, I will
a.) not allow myself less than 8 hours sleep (that's more than JP gets in a week).
b.) not take on any assignments, requests, special favors, etc. I'd just screw them up anyway.
c.) eat lots of chocolate. Let's face it, a simple Twix bar caused my mood to swing in the proper direction in less than 30 seconds this afternoon. BTW: if that doesn't work for you (or someone you know), try 2 Twix bars. Then chase it with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. No, I'm not high.
d.) take in all that 'American Idol' has to offer. I use to feel sorry for these people, but COME ON!
e.) (last but not least) inevitably humiliate myself on this blog by indulging some personal information that is inappropriate and possibly R-rated. This is me: barf out only the biggest of secrets. That will make it better.
PS Then it snowed as we drove over the summit at 10pm last night.

No comments: