Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Ode to Food

Note: the following is not to be read on an empty stomach or if you are dieting.
I am food oriented. Unfortunately most of us are on my mom's side of the family. That's a whole other blog of worms.
When I scrapbook, I always find myself journaling about whatever we ate at the event. "We BBQ'd steak, for dessert we had...". I'm pathetic.
I've turned into that stereotypical "woman in 30s", obsessed with chocolate. But it really can improve my attitude and outlook.
When we get together as a family, it's even worse. They all love food, too. Not to mention: my parents can really put on a meal.
The following is a list of my favorites, just in case any of you want to make your way into my heart through my stomach...
1.) Brownies. Not from scratch, out of a box. This weekend I topped my brownies (yes, plural) with my mom's berry cobbler.=)
2.) I can eat my weight in spinach dip, but only with the highest quality of the sour dough bread.
3.) I make (and eat) awesome enchiladas.
4.) If weight gain wasn't an issue, I'd regularly eat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast.
5.) Speaking of breakfast, I make a layered pile of cholesterol that's quite tasty:
bottom: hashbrowns
middle: cheese (tons)
top: eggs
bonus: sour cream.
6.) Just about any Italian food, but honorable mention goes to spaghetti and raviolli. Our family makes raviolli from scratch, even served them at my wedding. I always O.D. on Parmesan cheese.
7.) A Twix candy bar is great for my nerves.
8.) Unfortunately, I love fast food, specifically Taco Bell and Burger King.
We used to eat a lot of Carl's Jr., but I've been boycotting for a year and a half because of their commercials.
The list is long, and full of carbs. I will put a bookmark here now that I have stirred your tastebuds. Have fun with your rice cakes.

1 comment:

Suzie Petunia said...

Haven't you ever heard of "Cookie Crisp"? or that new Reese puffs cereal? You can have your cookies for breakfast and eat them, too!

I share a similar love affair with food. Brownies, Spinach dip, enchiladas, all things pasta...I'm there. Though, I'd have to exchange Taco Bell and Burger King for Wendy's and Carl's Jr. (What is wrong with their commercials? Oh, is it the sex sells, thing? Yah - that is tasteless (but somehow still TASTEy!) My body has been blessed with a weird metabolism here after my 3rd child...and I can eat just about anything...knock on wood! Aren't hormones a mystery? I'm sure it won't always be the case... so I'm eatin' up!

Current favorite meal made at home (any time of day): English muffin, pre-cooked sausage patty from Costco, 1 fried egg (2 if I'm really hungry), slice of American cheese. Dip in ketchup...a little slice of heaven. Happy eating!