Saturday, August 13, 2005

Catching Up

* I start a new job on Monday. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to help contribute to the family finanaces, even looking forward to learning new things. But I've been absolutely sick over the wages. Apparently Montana has retro-$$, my hourly wage is less than I made in 1993.
*Being so sad and feeling sorry for my financially-challenged-self, I spent more money to get my hair done. I chopped it short and got highlights (more than I expected). It was a great pick-me-up: I love getting my hair done and the hairdresser was a young, 20-something that engaged in plenty of girl-talk with me.
* The big sister turned to the little sister: I took a picture of Jill to show the hairdresser what I wanted.
*The weather has been crazy. A tornado touched down Thursday night about 20 miles from here. Yesterday we froze. At our block party/BBQ last night, everyone was in long pants and winter coats in effort of surviving the 50 degree temps. Yes, that means that back home in California, their temps were exactly double what ours were yesterday. Did mother nature forget that it's August? It even snowed in SW MT.
* Due to the cloudy skies I missed out on the meteor showers Thursday and Friday nights. We did have a good sunset a few nights ago.
*I just had lunch with my young cousing Kristine, in town for a wedding. More beloved girl-talk. Her timing couldn't have been better, as we sat at Olive Garden, my family was gathered together for sweet baby Corbin's 1st birthday party (with out us).
*I nearly lost control of my emotions when we entered Olive Garden. When the anvil hit me on the head, it reminded me that the last time I was there, it was with my husband and my parents. During that meal, we got the phone call letting us know that the offer we made on our house had been accepted, and we were in escrow. Today when the hostess asked how many people were in our party I had to hold up fingers instead of verbally answering her while I composed myself.
*As if starting a new job on Monday wasn't stress enough, I will be putting David on an airplane tomorrow morning headed for Arkansas. I'll be juggling all the change of routine on my own (including daycare).
* My internet has been off and on, the tech can't come fix it until next Saturday. I'm afraid that if I have to go through the week with out email or blogs I might shrivel up and die.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

good luck tomorrow! xoxo

JP said...

(sigh) us and our emotions...

Today was great...you were great...everything worked out great.

I miss Christine...I miss you...I am blue...I got new shoes.

Yeah, I need my bed.