Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Tuesday's With Rory

There are certain sentences that you don't expect to come shooting out of your husband's mouth.
"Have a seat honey, I'll clean the kitchen."
"Go back to sleep dear, I'll clean up the puke."
"Sweetheart, you'd better run to the mall. You haven't been buying enough outfits for yourself lately."
While I keep waiting for these sentences to be verbalized, something my husband said tonight did catch me by surprise.
For the last few weeks my Tuesday nights (and all the nights in between) have been dedicated to catching up on re-runs of the Gilmore Girls. If you haven't heard, I am borderline obsessed with this hour of genius.
But tonight, I had to put my Girls on the back burner due to the hustle and bustle with tomorrow being the 1st day of school for our Maddie and Isaac. With the last minute haircut, outfits to lay out, and a quick trip to the store, my evening, sadly, was without my friends Rory and Lauralie (sp?).
So on the way to Wal-Mart, I called home to discuss a few things with my husband. He rushed the conversation, and attempted to get off of the phone with me. When I questioned why, he said "I have to hang up because I'm missing the Gilmore Girls".
I ask you ladies, is he turning into one of us?

1 comment:

Jaye said...

No fear! My husband is also hooked. HA HA HA