Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Let's have a laugh at my expense. Really. You're all invited.
I woke up alone. David is out of town and doesn't know when he'll be back.
I also woke up sore, but I knew I would after kneeling to plant flowers yesterday.
Needless to say, I woke up two states away from my own mom. Fine, the blame is mine, I chose to live in Utah.
The kids did cuddle up with me in bed, all of us awake before seven. I, of course, was awake at 4:30, 5:00 and finally sometime after six.
In all my glamour I changed the litter box and for kicks, missed the bag and dumped some on the floor.
Just after that, while shaving my legs in the shower (dodging cat scratches) I found an ugly bruise (some bruises are more cool than ugly) on the back of my leg where some kid took a full swing and got me across the back of both legs with a bat at practice the other night.
I expect that soon room service will deliver my bacon and sausage and eggs and hashbrowns and biscuits, fat and calorie free of course. Or in 4 minutes the oven will spew a fresh batch of granola, not fat or calorie free.
The kids have given me their school-made Mother's Day gifts, and in return I let them eat frosting-free cupcakes left over from last night for breakfast. No worries, they chased it with a banana. And just in case Isaac hasn't ingested enough sugar, he's just poured himself a bowl of Lucky Charms.
Sometime between now and 11am when church starts, I need to make serious progress on Maddie's quilt project due Friday. We have 2 rows done. Two. Due Friday. Pray for my patience.
I hope you have a warm and wonderful Mother's Day.
A bonus laugh for my own mom...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mom's Day! Okay, you need to e-mail me your granola recipe. It sounds too good.

Tifferbob