Thursday, May 03, 2007

Poor Little Spoiled Girl

Through the years David has brought home lots of different "goodies". At whatever conference or convention, freebies would make their way into his suitcase. Often I had zero interest, as it was automotive related. But sometimes a cute key chain or some sort of gadget would win me over. I love it when he brings home duffle bags.
Last weekend David went to some convention in Las Vegas that (I think) honored women in business. I was invited to go with him, but there was just no way I could swing it; there's no one to leave the kids with, and we're short handed at work. Since we're on the subject of Vegas, why would a convention honoring women be held there? Surely men planned it. Needless to say, I had a slight uneasines about the choice city. Totally (of course) with out reason.
David eyed the gift bag long before they were handed out, and even talked to me about it on the phone. In fact, there were so many goodies that it filled two bags. Keep in mind the theme of the conference: women. These gifts were for women.
Jump to David arriving home from his 3-day trip. Was I happier to see him or the gift bags?
Devestation. David only made it back with one bag, and had forgotten the other in his hotel room. The forgotten bag supposedly contained (gasp!) (gulp) (sigh) Clinique samples.
I think I died a little bit.
Sure the bag that did make it home had some fun stuff, a bunch of Loreal products, like Telescopic Mascara. Whatever.
Did I take it like a grown up? No! I raked my poor husband across the coals (and back again). I begged him to call the hotel and have them ship it to me. He refused. Could another co-worker who rode in the car with him have mistakenly grabbed it? I'll never know.
Excuse me while I grieve.
PS Maybe I'll take him up on his desparate offer to go and buy me some Clinique. I can't believe that I'm admitting this, but I'm well stocked up. The real charm, though, was that the other was free.

No comments: