Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's Done

Maddie's final 4th grade project, due tomorrow and rivals any project I had in high school, is done.
It's been a hard week, and this project (that we started back in April) nearly pushed me over the edge.
I've been busy, zig-zagging between work, home, the orthodontist, scouts, back to the orthodontist, baseball practice, to Aunt Sandy's house (to tie the quilt, see above pic), and back home, last night well after Maddie and Isaac's bedtime.
Things are hectic at school, too. Throw a field trip in with all the other end-of-year-winding-downs, mix that up with students who apparently took a bunch of naughty pills, not to mention that the two teachers I work with are both up to their elbows in their thesis' (what's the plural of thesis?), and you've got a full plate. Speaking of plates, I'm putting on a luncheon for 27 people tomorrow, because the week hasn't been stressful enough.
David is finally home. When he left Saturday he was healthy, but now that he's home he has a raging cold and is exhausted from the grueling week. But he's home.
Who am I to complain? JP has been at work 10, 12, and 14 hours a day this week. I only put in 6 hours at work before my motherhood marathon.
Before I could scurry off to the orthodontist (third time this week) and then the library to finish off Maddie's project today, I had to rush Isaac to the doctor. My poor little man was in allergy distress when I got home from work, and had even helped himself to Benadryl before I got there (we have since discussed that that's not okay). How in the world the pediatrician still had an appointment when I called at 3:00 this afternoon, I'll never know, but I'll consider it a miracle.
Of course, once you have an unexpected trip to the pediatrician, along comes the unexpected trip to the pharmacy.
We survived. And we made it to the library. Back at home we glued and gathered and printed and sewed and it's done.
The quilt project is done.
And when I announced it's official completion to Maddie, I cried. Then she held me.

2 comments:

JP said...

Dude...

Everyone has their boundaries of what makes their life crazy. I think my boundaries are all over the place...because I AM THE ONE WHO IS CRAZY!!

Complain away my child...you need to.

Can't wait to see the finished product by the way. Hey...how 'bout next week?!

Anonymous said...

lovely position just lift the skirt, pull down her knickers and go to town on her sweet tight bum and p=ssy