Monday, June 09, 2008

Needing Some Hydration

First of all, the computer and I are not longer on the floor.

Second of all... well, (sigh) I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to make it through the week.

This morning I dropped off Maddie for science camp. She won't be back until Friday.

I cried myself to sleep last night. (haven't done that in a long time)

David's last words before he drifted off to sleep were "I don't want her to go".

This girl signed up for camp without any of her friends going with her. She is so brave, and is obviously way ahead of her momma.

But this might be coming at a good time for her and I. With her becoming more and more hormonal, we could probably use some time apart. Hopefully absence will make the heart grow fonder.

Her and I were far more cuddly and sugary sweet towards each other in the days leading up to her departure.

This morning my world became even smaller, and I love it.

Remember Elisabeth? My student in special ed? The one I adore? You know, the one that bit me.

Elisabeth's mom was at the camp drop off, sending off her other daughter Amy. Introductions were made and Maddie and Amy are sitting together on the bus and (hopefully) will have a great week together. I'm really excited. It's like it's meant to be.

And also brought some comfort to this sad mom.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

You and Maddie are nice to each other before a departure, that’s sweet. When it is time for you to head back to your state I get mean and abusive toward you… weird hun?
(tee hee hee)