Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Pressure Is Mounting

The wind is a-howling. Not unlike when mom, Jill, Jaye and Sarah were here in April.

This morning I spent an hour, maybe more, vacuming and wiping up sand because I didn't get the windows closed in time.

Now the pressure is building up so much that I can feel it in my ears.

So I've got a new slogan:

"Eagle Mountain. Where the weather is never perfect."

This slogan would work well for us existing residents, as to ward off more people from moving out here. (I just collectively heard mom, Jill, Jaye, and Sarah say "who would want to?")

But really, the weather rarely is perfect out here, though yesterday was pretty nice, just barely reaching 80 degrees.

We've had so much snow this winter, even long-time Utahs were moaning and groaning.

Then the ick and the cold that was our spring.

And if by change you get a day of sunshine, you'd better hope for at least a little wind, or the sky turns brown from the inversion, aka smog.

Who the crap let me move out here?

No comments: