Tuesday, January 27, 2009

History Lesson

How is your knowledge of history?

Mine? So-so.

I watched this yesterday. Alone. Just me. On my beloved couch.

Admit it, our knowledge of this story wasn't much more than what Ouiser tells Miss Clairee while they're at the salon.

So after I watched, I went on-line to check out the movie's accuracy. I am shocked! I don't want to be a spoiler, but let's face it, you know it's not a happy ending for Ann. There's a lot to be learned by this little show, and I thought I was just sitting down to a chick flick. But I will warn you, some of the scenes have been sort of haunting me ever since - it's a bit disturbing.

And yet I highly recommend it.

PS This is so NOT a family movie. Just for you. And maybe your sweetheart.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I liked to movie too, and learned a lot BUT I TOO WAS HAUNTED BY IT! It is just one of those movies.

Jaye said...

IT's late. "I liked the movie too" Is what I was trying to say.