Friday, January 16, 2009

Now It's Just a Memory

When David finally joined the kids and I in California two weeks ago, and for the first time 'alone' in six years, he whisked me away to Bodega Bay.

David made all the arrangements; he booked the resort, and even pre-ordered the snacks:

(but really, how romantic is it to feed your woman soft cheese? not a time for lactose.)
Now, no matter the time of year, the Northern California coast is not a tropical paradise with the sun beating down. We've taken family trips in the middle of July that required hoodies and blankets on the beach.

But the Northern California coast is magic.

And therapeutic.

Presenting

Because you are my friend, and because I love you, I am here to provide you free therapy, fresh from the ocean:

We had a blast and wished we could have stayed longer, especially because the forecasted temperature for that Saturday was 70 degrees.

Go ahead, watch the Free Therapy again. I will join you.

3 comments:

Tifferbob said...

You have a good man.

Jennifer B. said...

aww!! sounds fuN!! I also love the pic of you running!! both your feet are off the ground! CUTE!

Tiercy said...

Love it. I grew up going to the beach, and oh how I miss it. What a fairytale to be whisked away with your hubby.