Thursday, January 01, 2009

Not Yet an Empty Nest

Our family has recently had an 'End of Era', sort of speak.

With Jamesson turning 20 on December 20, and for the first time in 21 years: my parents are raising teenagers no more.

I officially hit teenage-dom in 1987, before Jamesson was even born.

Since then they were able to survive the teenage years of Jill, Julia, Jordan, and then Jamesson.

I wonder who they say put them through the most.

Gave them the most laughs.

Handed them the most sleep-less nights.

Summoned the gray hairs.

And in no particular order: who required their attendance at the most band concerts?

Either way, the cycle isn't quite complete. It's now time for the next generation of teenagers; and my mom and dad can sit back and laugh, smirk, worry and lose more sleep.

So far: no band concerts.

1 comment:

Tiercy said...

Very cute post. My mom always says that what grandchildren are for. Paybacks!