Thursday, May 07, 2009

"Dumping Memory"

Warning: Venting Post

Where do I begin?

Do I continue the pity party?

Or do I put on a brave face.

I'm sad about my computer and tonight I'm coming to you via David's laptop.

The old one is in pretty bad shape. It's like an Alheimer's patient that has a moment or two of good. Normal.

Then it goes blank.

I'm really not in the mood to spend money on a new computer. I've done so much spending in recent weeks, what's a couple of more bucks?

But I keep picturing myself home. The kids at school. David and Sam at work. And then there's me, with my life line cut off.

What if I need to look up a phone number or an address? How am I going to keep up with current events?

Sure, you could shrink my head and find that I'm probably displacing other frustrations and life stressors on this computer issue.

But I really like to be connected.

Yup.

It all goes back to co-dependency.

No comments: