Monday, May 04, 2009

Rounding Up Monday Night

I can't go to bed.

Our subdivision has been without water all day for a scheduled upgrade. I think I braved it pretty well, but it's now 36 minutes late coming back on and I'm losing my mind.

Even though we had deli sandwiches for dinner, we still managed to make a big mess of the kitchen and I can't go to bed until it's all clean and tidy.

Still no water.

Thank goodness for my show: The Big Bang Theory. It helped me to hang on these last few water-less minutes, and also delivered a new favorite line - "If you really want to clean up your karma, go get my freakin' latte."

I love those nerds!

In other Monday night news, Maddie told me about a project tonight. It's due tomorrow. So with an opening song followed by an opening prayer, we had Family Home Evening around the makings of the bottle rocket. It really was a family affair. The refreshment? Root beer was chugged, as the empty 2-litre bottle was needed for the project.

I could ramble on, but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to take care of the KP duties and head up to bed.

'night.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I was SO the kid that would tell the parents about a project due the next day at 9pm the night before.

Tiercy said...

I heard that it didn't come back on until 2 a.m. Just a little late. Not even an apology. Did you stay up that late? I had filled my sink with soapy hot water earlier that was freezing after dinner, but I like you can't handle a kitchen mess.